Our Mission and Vision
Value Management and Options Corporation (ValueMan) believes in delivering quality products and services. By pursuing excellence in business and intangible asset valuation; and financial advisory, ValueMan ultimately contributes to society's common good.
ValueMan believes in lasting relationships with its clients. By enabling clients to grow, thrive and successfully compete, ValueMan sets its mark as a highly competent, reliable and trustworthy business and intangible asset valuation and financial advisory firm.
MS. CHARITO COLE-ALFARO, CPA, CVA, ICVS-A is the Managing Director and Founder of Value Management and Options Corporation (ValueMan).
Ms. Alfaro has a wealth of professional experience with clientele in various industries. Her expertise is especially in the areas of corporate finance; corporate structuring; corporate investment and divestiture; investment banking; business planning; and development of packages for sourcing funds through joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, private equity, debt placements and initial public offerings. The highlights of her career are as follows:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with a track record of investment banking work
- First and only Filipino in the world today who has been granted the professional certification as an International Certified Valuation Specialist with Advanced Studies in Financial Instruments (ICVS-A) and as a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), which are professional certifications issued by the International Association of Certified Valuation Specialists (IACVS) and the Center for International Business Valuation (CfIBV). IACVS is an international professional association with headquarters in Seattle, USA. and Toronto, Canada with chapters worldwide. CfIBV is an educational institution based in Florida, USA. The ICVS-A credential is the highest global standard for professional performance in valuation of intangible assets such as businesses, patents, formulae and natural resources, among others, as well as financial instruments.
- First and only Filipino today who had earned professional certification as an Electronic Transactions Association Certified Payments Professional™ (ETA CPP™) – the highest standard for professional performance in the payments industry and a symbol of excellence
- Recipient of Certificate for Python Fundamentals from the Corporate Finance Institute, and the Machine Learning Edge, both based in the USA.
- President of First Industrial Finance Co, Inc. (FIFC), an SEC-registered company engaged in providing working capital loans and special product loans to businesses and corporations, as well as their employees, using Credit as a Service® (CaaS®), a pioneering secure web-based electronic lending system
- Participating author for the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC), a not-for-profit valuation standards organization recognized and tasked by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA) to formulate, publish, harmonize and promote worldwide acceptance of valuation standards
- Former Board Member of One Wealthy Nation Rural Bank
- Former Board Member and President of Cuervo Appraisers, Inc., a major independent professional valuation services firm
- Former President of AurumPay® Philippines Corporation, a payment gateway service provider for banks and non-bank card issuers as well as companies from various industries
- Former Board Member of AurumOne Hotel Makati
- Former General Manager of a finance company which she successfully formed, organized and operated for a publicly listed commercial bank
- Former Vice President for Merchant Banking of a publicly listed company where she co-led a financial advisory team for a major infrastructure project; spearheaded a corporate acquisition; and chaired the Investments Technical Committee
- Former Assistant Vice President for Investment Banking of the investment house of a major pension fund
- Former Assistant Vice President of a management consulting firm that was advisor to a major sugar conglomerate
- Former candidate in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program of the CFA Institute which specializes in international finance, portfolio management, fixed income securities, equities, accounting, economics, global markets and instruments.
- Worked with a holding firm engaged in real estate, marketable securities dealership and manufacturing where she organized the Real Estate Division and handled the Securities Dealership Division.
- Worked on successful listings of several companies on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
Ms. Alfaro graduated with honors from the University of the Philippines Diliman with a double degree of Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accountancy. She took studies leading to a post-graduate degree of Master in Applied Business Economics at the University of Asia and the Pacific.
ValueMan has consulting partners in the areas of banking, corporate finance, human resources, geology, data science, research engineering, geodesy and energy, among others, for specific projects depending on the expertise required.